Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tux Paint

Tux Paint

I have just accessed this site, at first I was unsure what to expect and what it was about but after looking through the site, I must say I was excited. What a fantastic site for teachers in Early Childhood Education to use.
Some benefits to the use of this site:
* compatible with most computers.
* no need for internet connection you can purchase a CDROM.
* Students are able to save their pictures.
* students learn and develop mouse control.
* ablility to learn in different langauages - French, Spanish and German.
* students can learn colours and colour mixing.
* provides mathematical problem solving.
* uses different forms of art mediums - painting, stamping and colouring to name a few.
* development of eye and hand co-ordination.

This site would be an assect to any class room and I am going to talk to my Director about purchasing this CDROM for my class room. I feel that it would help more students to develop an interest in art and computer skills at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment