Friday, November 26, 2010

ICT

I have had a busy week and I have been working through this weeks work and readings and no I have not attempted my powerpoint.  I keep reading through the steps and it is so much.  I have had a busy week at work and I look at this powerpoint and know that there is a lot more involved then just the straight forward powerpoint that I use daily in my job.  Each day I present a powerpoint containing photos of each child in the class with a heading of what the child has done that day.  These powerpoints are used in the child's file and a story is written from these powerpoints.

Two years ago I would hand-write in a portfolio for each child but now I have to complete a whole class powerpoint, type up stories about the children and download daily photos, and this must be completed in 1.5 hours with the children not resting.  I have decided that I will not be bringing my work home and so this work must be completed at day care.  I look at all the new ICT tools on offer in this course and I wonder what would benefit me in my current job.  I still have 1 year until I have completed this course and that means 1 year more of working in my current job, I love my job and each morning I get up ready for a new day and new challenges but now I am thinking of new ways to communicate with my parents and show them their children's work and day.

I guess that I will just continue working through this subject and see what tools I find easy to work with and easy to follow as I know that some parents do not use computers in their everyday life and may not have the time and knowledge to use these tools too.
Regards Karen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment