Sunday, November 21, 2010

Power Point

As you may have noticed from a previous posting, I am a visual learner.  I have been reading through the task for this week, Power Point and making a storyboard.  I started off printing off all the information from the task and am now faced with 12 pages of instructions, I like that there are photos of the different screens but I feel overwhelemed by all this information and am not too sure where to start.

I have been reading through this information and am wondering if this process would work in my workplace, having to following all this information may take too long for one process.  I am having to take a step back and will look at this again tomorrow.  I will not give up the challenge and will report back on how I went.

Regards Karen

5th December 2010
As I work through this process I find this power point/storyboard too involved and do not think it would work in my current job as it would take too much time.  Each day I complete a power point presentation of the children's day and have found that out of 24 children, only a couple of parents take the time to look at the power point.  The children do like to look at it and comment on what they are doing and who they are playing with.  I know that as we are about to start a new year, we are looking at ways to change the power point presentation and getting parents to notice this.  We are looking at placing the daily power point in each child's file for that day.  Does this breach the privacy of the other children?  We are still looking into this and having to talk to our head office to see if this is done at other centres.

No comments:

Post a Comment