Friday, November 5, 2010

My first blog

Hi my name is Karen and I am a flex student studying BLM Early Childhood.  I am a third year student and only have one more year of study, which I am very excited about.  I currently work in the child care industry and have found over the past 2 years that computers are being used more in the class room.  I have never made a Blog before and find this very confusing but know that it will become very important in my future career.  Most of the children in my class room have computer knowledge and are able to operate computer games such as Playstation and Wii, now it is time for me to catch up with them.

I need to move with the times and being a teacher in the 21st Century I have to forget how I was taught at school, 25 years ago and realise that computers are put of the learning process.  I am asking everyone to assist me with this.  I now start on a new journey and know that this will help me to be a better teacher.

Regards
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen,
    Congratulations on your first Blog! It is a huge step forward, and you now own your OWN online space. The skills you have learned are all transferable, so you will use the same skills in your wiki and your website.
    Now to think - can you use a blog in Early Childhood? How could you use it? Could the image and video upload feature be useful for you? Of course there are safety concerns, but when you work for an organisation, they will provide you with guidelines and security within which to operate. So think outside the box now, and consider your early years children...How? What? When? Why will they blog?

    xxx W

    ReplyDelete